The FRM220 Family of Fibre Optic Modems, Converters and Line Drivers
The FRM220 Family provides the most extensive range of Fibre Optic Modems, Converters and Line Drivers that can be housed and managed in a single chassis, successfully providing transmission across fibre networks for Governments, Defence, Enterprises and Carriers all around the globe. Carrier class by design the FRM220 enables the integration of a wide variety of interfaces including 10/100, Gigabit and 10Gig Ethernet as well as SDH, E1 / T1, serial data, ISDN Bri and analog voice.
Based on the 2U high, 19" rack-mountable chassis above, this economic In-Band Managed Multi-Service Platform features powerful management, 2 x alarm relays and 2 x modular fan trays. All critical components are hot-swappable, allowing field replacement without downtime, and it is possible to stack up to 10 chassis on one management IP address. Carrier EFM protocols come as standard enabling IP-less management across the fibre network right into the remote modem. There are 1, 2, 4, 8 & 20 slot versions of the chassis available for a family of converter cards including:
- The FRM220-10/100AS-2 is a dual channel 10/100BaseTX to 100BaseFX media converter. Offering 2 converters in a single package the unit is perfect in high density environments.
- The FRM220-10/100i is a 10/100Base Ethernet to 100Base-FX fibre slide-in card converter designed for central and remote applications. The unit is available with either a fixed fibre port (ST, SC or FC/PC) or a modular SFP interface.
- The FRM220-10/100iS-2 is a dual channel 10/100BaseTX to 100BaseFX media converter. Offering 2 converters in a single package the unit is perfect in high density environments.
The FRM220-100M Fast Ethernet OAM/IP In-band Media Converter. Designed to make conversion between 10/100Base-TX and 100Base-FX with SC, FC, ST connector.
The FRM220A-FSW103 is a 3-port 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX SFP fibre slide-in card Ethernet switch designed for central and remote applications.
- The FRM220-10GC-TS is a copper to fibre 10Gbps Ethernet media converter with SNMP and Web-based management in the FRM220 chassis.
- The FRM220-1000DS is a fibre to fibre optical media converter and repeater that allows data rates up to 1Gbps. FRM220-1000DS supports 2R regeneration, which consists of re-amplification and reshaping.
The FRM220-1000EAS-1 is an IEEE802.3ah OAM compliant copper to fibre Gigabit Ethernet solution designed to make conversion between 10/100/1000Base-TX and 1000Base-SX/LX with SFP connector.
The FRM220-1000EAS is an IEEE802.3ah OAM compliant dual copper to dual fibre Gigabit Ethernet solution designed to make conversion between 10/100/1000Base-TX and 1000Base-SX/LX with SFP connector.
- The FRM220-1000EAS/X-1 is an IEEE802.3ah OAM compliant copper to fibre Gigabit Ethernet solution designed to make conversion between 10/100/1000Base-TX and 1000Base-X with SFP.
- The FRM220-1000MS Gigabit Ethernet OAM/IP In-band Media Converter. Designed to make conversion between 10/100/1000Base-TX and dual rate 100/1000Base-X with SFP LC connector.
The FRM220A-1002ES is a dual copper to dual fibre Gigabit Ethernet managed switch, designed to make conversion between 10/100/1000Base-T and 100/1000Base-SX/LX with SFP connector.
- The FRM220-MX210 is a 2-port Gigabit Ethernet Multiplexer which aggregates two wire-speed Gigabit Ethernet services into one 2.5G uplink, reducing the conversion CAPEX and increasing the fibre utilization effectively.
- The FRM220-40G-1Q4S is a 40G QSFP to 4x 10G SFP+ transponder that provides media conversion and distance extension for 40G over 10G links. The FRM220-40G-1Q4S meets the growing need for more bandwidth for data centres and enterprises.
- The FRM220-16G-3R 2 Channels 16GBps 3R Multi-rate Transponder has 4 SFP+ slots that can be configured as a dual channel 16G 3R multi-rate transponder or in a 1-to-2 port protection mode.
- The FRM220-10G-SS is a 10G fibre to fibre 3R repeater and transponder, based on a number of 10 Gigabit Fibre standards, these transponders support SFP+ to SFP+ (SS) fibre connections.
- The FRM220-10G-SXX is a 10G fibre to fibre 3R repeater and transponder, which supports SFP+ to XFP (SX) or XFP to XFP (XX) fibre connections.
- The FRM220-4G-3S is a 2R 4G optical regeneration device, which supports SFP optics on both line side and client side interfaces.
- The FRM220-2.7G-3S is a 3R 2.7G optical regeneration device, where the transponder card converts a data signal to the correct wavelength for transmission on a specific channel.
- The FRM220-155MS is a fibre to fibre optical media converter and repeater that allows data rates up to 155Mbps. FRM220-155MS supports 2R regeneration, which consists of re-amplification and reshaping.
- The FRM220-OAB15 is a FRM220 chassis rack managed single channel Erbium Doped Fibre Amplifier (EDFA) booster line card for C-band. It has a large dynamic range while providing excellent broadband noise performance.
- The FRM220-E1/T1 is a fibre optic modem for E1 or T1 services. The unit has a single fibre optic interface with either a ST, SC, FC/PC or modular SFP connector.
- The FRM220-ET100 is a single port Fibre WAN (TDM) card with built-in HDLC Bridge for the FRM220 Series Platform Media Converter Racks.
- The FRM220-DS3/E3 is a copper to DS3 /E3 fibre media converter designed for long-distance transport of DS3/E3 signals.
Serial Data Fibre Modems
- The FRM220-DATA is an advanced fibre optic modem for serial data. By means of a suitable adapter cable (supplied) the modem can connect to either RS530, X.21, RS449, V.35 or RS232 interfaces.
- The FRM220-SERIAL is a fibre optic modem for asynchronous RS232, RS485 and RS422 applications. The modem is available with multi or singlemode optics and can be fitted with a variety of fibre optic connectors ST, SC, FC/PC or a modular SFP option.
Voice & ISDN Modems
- The FRM220-FXS/FXO Fibre Optic Modem allows the extension of a single analog telephony service over fibre cabling.
- The FRM220-FXO/FXS-4 is a 4 channel POTS over fibre converter/extender which uses a standard RJ-11C modular connectors for each copper pair connection.
- The FRM2-BRI/ST2 is an ISDN over fibre modem that enables basic rate ISDN interfaces to be extended over multimode fibre optic cabling.
- The FRM220-NMC is a Network Management Controller card that can be placed in a compatible FRM220 series chassis to provide network management functions.
NB: A number of our products have been approved by NATO and allocated the relevant NATO Stock Number (NSN). Please contact us directly for more details.