ML690 Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM)
The Actelis Networks ML690 product line offers a compact and cost-effective Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) mini-aggregation solution for low-pair count and space constrained locations. The ML690 operates in a Point-to-Multipoint (PTMP) topology, connecting multiple ML600 Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) each delivering symmetrical Ethernet services to remote subscribers/locations over multiple copper pairs. The ML600 EADs are connected to the ML690 via a High Speed Link (HSL) that is comprised of 1-8 bonded copper pairs. Any combination of copper pairs per HSL can be configured up to the total number of pairs supported by the ML690 unit. The ML690 bonds up to 8 copper pairs together to create a 2Base-TL aggregated link, implementing the standard IEEE 802.3ah-2004 (EFM) long-reach Ethernet-over-Copper specification. ML690 incorporates Actelis’ EFMplus and DRB technologies allowing carriers to offer higher bandwidth per pair and longer reach per service in real world environments along with the most stable and reliable transmission links in the industry.
The ML690 offers a very cost effective and rapidly deployable solution for space constrained and low density areas. It enables easy integration into existing carrier/enterprise networks, supporting advanced Ethernet features along with comprehensive OAM capabilities and guaranteed spectral compliance. The ML690 simplifies deployment, provisioning and troubleshooting to enable high service availability and reliability, as well as efficient pro-active management tools to optimize time to market and minimize service downtime. The ML690 can be flexibly deployed in Point-to-Multi-Point, Point-To-Point or Drop and Continue scenarios with Actelis ML600 EADs. Actelis’ XR239 repeaters can be used to extend reach and rate of services offered off the ML690. The ML698 platform supports up to 8 copper pair per unit and up to 4 HSLs.
The ML698 expands our central office solutions, offering a compact and cost-effective Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) mini-aggregation solution for low-pair count locations. The ML698 operates in a Point-to-Multipoint topology, connecting to up four ML600 Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) delivering symmetrical Ethernet access services to remote subscribers over multiple voice-grade copper pairs. Each of the ML600 EADs can be connected to the ML698 via a High Speed Link (HSL) comprised of 1-8 bonded copper pairs. Any combination of copper pairs per HSL can be supported to a total of 8 pairs per ML698 unit. The ML698 bonds up to 8 copper pairs together to create a 2Base- TL aggregated link, implementing the standard IEEE 802.3ah-2004 (EFM) long-reach Ethernet-over-Copper specification.
- Flexible and Cost Effective for space constrain and low density - Extremely compact hardened Point-to-Multipoint aggregation, Up to 16 pairs per 1U (2 x ML698 in a sleeve), Serves up to 4 sites;
- Higher throughput, wider coverage and higher reliability - with Actelis’ unique EFMplus suite of technologies enabling more revenues with lower CapEx and OpEx
- Flexible and Scalable - Any pair to any link, any number of pairs per HSL, 6 Ethernet interfaces including 1 SFP, Bandwidth 1-100 Mbps per link
- Advanced Carrier Ethernet capabilities, MEF compliant services, Carrier-class OAM including CFM (802.1ag) and Y.1731 (ITU)
- Standards compliant EFM 802.3ah-2BASE-TL platform
- Ease of installation and deployment - advanced service and copper trouble shooting tools
- Binder Friendly - Dynamic Spectral Shaping (DSS) for minimizing spectral impact
- Full Management suite, including MetaASSIST EMS, easy to use MetaASSIST View GUI
(NB: Specifications available on request for the ML690 EFM so please contact us here)